HSA Meet 11/19/09
Where: Donne and Donna’s House FSH 320
When: Thursday, November 19, 2009
Meeting started at 8:26 PM
Attendees: Dina, Donne, Xiong, Melody, Mai Xia, Lee, Thai, Becky, Oliver, Lee
Check In Question – If you could kiss anyone, who would you kiss?
HSA End of the Quarter Potluck Tomorrow
– Confirmed at Village Kitchen
– 6-9 PM
– For a list of who’s bringing who, it has been sent in the email.
SC and SJ Fun Day
– FSH Playing Field
– Everyone should be there at 11:30 so we can start at 12 PM.
– November 22, 2009 from 12-4 PM is CANCELLED.
– December 4-6, 2009 – contact Mai Xia. Probably going to be at McHenry.
Secret Santa Exchange
– Bring gifts tomorrow at the potluck.
Sacramento HIPHE (Hmong Intercollegiate Program for Higher Education
– Sac New Year – Saturday, 28th All Day
– Attendees might be Crystal, Bao, Junie, Lee, Xiong, and Mai Xia
Yvonne’s second language sociology studies
– She will interview those who signed up personally. She wants to observe or interact with us at our meetings which may be awkward.
Update with Academically/Personally
– We need to check with our members to see where they need support. If it is academically, we will do less bonding and more studying. Round robin with everyone.
What’s happening next quarter
– Nancy and Xiong are coming back
– Start planning for Hmong Cultural Show
– New workshop – Inspirational Time
Check Out Question – What flavor ice cream would you be and who would you want to eat you?
Meeting adjourned at 10:02 PM.