Meeting started at 8:07 PM
Attendees: Mai Xia, Melody, Xiong, Becky, Donne, Donna, Nancy, Chong, Mai Foua
Check in question: If you were a flower, what would you be and why?
Spring Retreat: Wonders of Santa Cruz
List of possible places to go: Mystery Spot, Long Marine Lab, Mission on High Street, Swanton’s Farm, Santa Cruz Art Museum, Pogo Nip, Garden of Eden, Arboretum, Harbor, Santa Cruz Boardwalk, Neary Lagoon, Camping on Highway 1 Beach, Picnic at Westlake
Mode of transportation: Bus
Two alternatives will be presented next meeting
Hmong Cultural Show:
– Skit people have rehearsal Monday 5-7 pm this week.
– Friday 19th dress rehearsal – bring outfits by this day
– Only 4 practices left
– Practices will now be longer hours instead of spread out over more days. Fridays 5-10pm
CSU Sacramento HSA
– Accepting auditions for their cultural show
– April 24th
Nancy shared her experiences and what she learned from her stay in Thailand
– Hmong people are very discriminated against in Thailand
– Conditions in refugee camps are terrible
– We agree that Hmong people need a voice here on campus and in the world
We are interested in possibly hosting a movie screening.
– FAFSA due March 2nd
– UCSC Summer School enrolment starts April.
– Last day to withdraw is next Wednesday
– APISA Winter reception Feb 25th
– Self Esteem workshop for HSA during Thursday Feb 25th meeting
Check out question: What would be the first thing you would do if you were given a million dollars?
Meeting adjourned 10: 20 PM