Hmong Student Association
Thursday, May 12, 2011
Attendees: Chong, Mailor, Maifoua, Becky, Mykhou, Xay, Kathy
I. Check-In: If you could bring one character to life from a book, a movie, or a TV show, who would it be?
- Sent out maps of where to park and where to pick up/drop off students to Seng Moua (Hmong Women Heritage Association)
- HSA Debrief/Nominations/Elections on Saturday, May 14th from 11am-5pm and Sunday, May 15th from 11am-3pm
- SOAR took care of overdraft, but they took it out from the HSA pot.
- They are working on Evals and turning it in by May 20th
- Talk to Marcail about budget
- PO’s for $200 worth of food in Fresno (picking it up on Saturday, May 21st)
- Deadline to give Mykhou the $5 for Seniors’ gift and $5 for Members’ gift on Sunday, May 15th
- We will be cooking at the Village Kitchen on May 28th from 8am-2pm
- We need people to cover shifts
- Set up is @ 5pm on May 28th
- YEC Committee meetings on Tuesdays 6-8pm
- Song rehearsals for YEC
- Tuesday, May 17th, 2011
Wednesday, May 11th, 2011
Saturday, May 21st, 2011 (Mandatory)
Tuesday, May 24th, 2011
Friday, May 27th, 2011 (Mandatory)
III. Discussion: General Vang Pao’s Death
- How has this affected you, your family, and the Hmong community?
- Will there be another Hmong leader? If so, how do we decide who the Hmong leader is?
- Get into 2 groups and decide whether you want to write a poem, a spoken word, or a song/rap on what we just discussed.
- Group ONE’s poem
- Group TWO’s poem
- Election Week: May 11th-18th
- PRIDE: May 21st
- Multicultural Festival: May 21st
- Beach/Bonfire/Boardwalk Day: May 22nd
- AAPIRC Cultural Celebration Night: May 18th